Wednesday, November 16, 2011

WELCOME TO ORIGAMI MANIACS


Hello everybody!!!!!! In first place, I want to thank you for visiting my blog ORIGAMI MANIACS. I am definitely sure that you are an origami maker like me.
I am a teacher, and I had the chance to use origami with mi kids. Believe me......the results were amazing. Children fell in love with origami. At that time I didn't know about the benefits of origami in the classroom. I discovered that little by little in my origami teaching experience.
Origami is a beautiful art that can be mastered by anybody at any age. Origami will develop so many skills in the person  who practices it.  The best thing about it is that you don't need a teacher in order to learn origami. You can watch the videos and do it by yourself.


I began learning origami by myself. I was asked in my school to teach arts. I wanted to teach something innovative and appealing to students. I always felt attracted by Japanese culture. I already knew about origami......Nevertheless, I never had done anything. So I looked in internet for instructions and videos And that was the way I learned. I enjoyed it so much that I made origami my favorite hobby. I was able to  make kusudamas what it is considered very advanced origami.
Later I discovered modular origami, and I fell in love with it. A year after making origami by myself, I had the opportunity to visit Japan and study there. One of the first objectives I had was to learn origami from an expert. As a result, I looked for an experienced origami teacher, and I found her. Yagawa sensei was my origami teacher for almost 2 years. I am very thankful for all her teachings. She worked for a long time with foreigners in Japan who wanted to learn origami. Her classes for me were so relaxing and fun. I felt like a little child waiting to receive her classes again.


After that, I continued advancing in my origami by myself, and I decided to create this blog in order to motivate people to learn this exquisite art. I really want to encourage people especially teachers to use origami with their kids. Later you will find out its benefits. And if you are just a person who loves origami, I warmly welcome you and encourage you to continue practicing. It is amazing to see the beauty you can make from a single piece of paper. In this blog, you will find a menu with  different options of what you can make. You will find pictures of the origami to make and the video with the instructions. The videos were selected from you tube, and some of them were made by me. If you have any comment, you can post it here. Also you can ask any question or give  some recommendations in order to improve this blog. Thanks for your visit, and I hope you learn a lot here. God bless you.


16 comments:

  1. Hi!Mariela.
    This is Yumi, one of your students in Chikyukan.
    It's so beautiful blog of you!
    Colorful,cheerful,joyful,and Marielaful!!
    I'm looking forward to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful for your words and your kindness Yumi.....especially that new adjective Marielaful....I really have a wonderful time when I am with you. I am so happy you liked the blog. Take care, enjoy the holidays, and I hope to see you soon again..............

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog! Nonpretentious and friendly, something here for everyone. Lots of links, videos and information to help people get started in origami or continue in their love for origami (me!). I'm glad I found the blog via a link from YouTube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks or your kind words. They really motivate me to continue sharing different ideas about origami. Thanks so much for visiting our blog. Let's keep folding!

      Delete
  4. Hola disfrutE su pagina.Es muy interesante.Ya vI que tiene muy buenas dedos.Y sus videos son muy amables.DiscriviO detalladamente.
    Me diO una sorpreza.Que tenga buen tiempo y cuidese

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mariela,
    I just found your site and love it. My favorite is the "scrapbook and origamiflower: Dahlia "
    Where did you get this bright, colorful doublesided paper?
    It's very difficult to find something so beautiful !!
    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mariela ja fa un any que us vaig descobrir. Són tantes le coses que he après! amb els teus animalons, flors, etc... he felicitat i els he regalat a un grapat d'amics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Parkinson's Disease and started Origami in Jan. this year and I am obsessed. I just found your site through your UTube subscription on how to make the baby booties. They are so so cute! Anyway I highly recommend Origami for therapy and not to give up. I may be slow but with the excellent videos I can pause as much as needed. Thank you for all your time and efforts to make this so friendly a site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. origami is a therapy for the soul as well. I am so happy the website and videos are useful for you. Keep working and God bless you so much my dear friend.

      Delete
  8. Gisela Phoeng PaulyMay 7, 2013 at 11:40 PM

    Thanks....I love ur blog and instruction how to make origami. I love also Japanese culture (like Kurumi-e, origami, oshi, etc)
    and like to share with my friends. For me, Art is universal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Japanese culture is beautiful. I love it too. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. God bless you.

      Delete
  9. Like you blog very very very much. Fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adoro o blog. muito bom! Já dobrei muitos modelos.
    Sou apaixonada por origami.Parabéns!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adoro o blog, já dobrei vários modelos.sou apaixonada por origami, estou sempre ligada nas novidades do blog. Parabéns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias. me alegro ke mi blog te sea util. Bendiciones y a seguir doblando papel....

      Delete
  12. I've love your site and also your youtube videos. I've also became like you obsessing with the origami after our Japan trip 2 months ago. We saw thousands of cranes while visiting Hiroshima and that is what triggered me to start again. I've made origami in my primary school which was long time ago. Then, I bought a small pack of origami papers from the peace museum and thinking of making crane when we return home. But it end up making others and it is so much fun like what you said. Now the whole house is full with my works.

    ReplyDelete